* May 1 - Confirmation & Holy Communion Sunday
Next Steps Part 4: "Honeymoon Phase - How do I keep my walk with God fresh?" Various Scripture Passages
* May 8 - Ascension Sunday & Mother's Day - "What's the Weather like?" Psalm 23 & Psalm 19:14 Sharon Bell will be preaching.
* May 15 - Day of Pentecost & Graduation Sunday - "Born to be Wild" Acts 2
* May 22 - Trinity Sunday - "Once. Twice. Three times my Savior" Various Scripture Passages
* May 29 - "He's Still God" Daniel 3:17-18
Memorial Day Poem
Today is Memorial Day once again
Do you know the meaning of this day, my friend?
It’s the day set aside to honor those who gave the most
Those who are no longer here to share and boast
Most spend the day with family and friends
Relaxing and having fun is normally the trend
The truth is, this day is to honor those we lost
Who gave their lives for this country, the ultimate cost
We honor all those from the beginning of time
Who fought for this great country to help make it fine
Whether it was a war or conflict where they served
They did so with honor and their voices were heard
We have lost so many so freedom we could have
If you really think of the sacrifice, it can make one sad
It is Memorial Day once again
Now you know the meaning of this day, my friend
I hope you stop and thank a veteran today
It’s for their sacrifice we are able to go our own way
For one Nation under God is how this country was made
I hope you will remember those who were lost
on this Memorial Day! ~Written by Andrew Giddens
Relationship Enrichment Opportunities
*Honoring Marriage Part II August 21, 3:30 - 5p.m.
*Honoring Marriage and Family Sermon Series August & September
* Romantic Adventure Marriage Retreat November 11-13, 2016
Order your tickets now for our family night at the Lookouts game Monday, June 27. The game starts at 7:15 p.m., but we will meet at the church around 5:30 to carpool and ride in church vans. Tickets are only $5 per person and kids get a FREE hot dog and drink at the game!!! Deadline to reserve and pay for tickets is Sunday, June 5. Please see Ambyr Gallegly to order your tickets, email@example.com.
Help Us Grow
Electronic giving is a convenient, consistent way to help VUMC grow!
Varnell UMC is excited to announce that you can now manage your giving online! Giving online is easy and allows you to set up automatic recurring contributions and view your complete online giving history from anywhere you have access to the internet. You can also give easily by text.
Click on the Online Giving button. Follow the onscreen instructions to create an online profile and to schedule your recurring contributions.
You can make make a contribution to VUMC with a quick text message! Simply send a text to 706-620-4587 with the amount you would like to contribute.
GROW Day Camp at Varnell UMC
June 20 – 24
8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Rising 1st – 6th Graders Cost: $135.00
Registration has begun! Online registration is highly recommended. Register at www.GrowDayCamps.org. The cost is $135, and the camp is limited to 50 children. Therefore, those interested must register online as soon as possible. Need information? Contact Misti Hulsey firstname.lastname@example.org.
DALTON STATE BASKETBALL CAMP AT VUMC
*JULY 25, 26, and 27
*10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
* Rising 3rd-8th Grade
* Cost: $40 includes t-shirt
* Register soon by email.
* Limited availability. Contact Stephen Streett to register
* Include in your email: parents name, child’s name, age
grade and emergency contact #.
Prayer Request Guidelines
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 9 A.M. UNTIL 5 P.M. - DAYTIME
SEND PRAYER REQUESTS TO: Tammy Burek @ email@example.com or call the church office at (706) 694-8023.
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 5 P.M. UNTIL 9 A.M. - NIGHT TIME
SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND HOLIDAYS SEND PRAYER REQUESTS TO: Bill Davidson @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text at (423) 432-3635.
FORMAT OF PRAYER REQUESTS:
* LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WISH TO SHARE.
* IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF REQUESTS ARE WORDED EXACTLY AS YOU WANT DISTRIBUTED.
* FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME OF THOSE WE ARE PRAYING FOR IS ALWAYS A PLUS.
PRAYER CHAIN MEMBERS:
* IF YOU WISH TO BE ON THE LIST TO RECEIVE PRAYER REQUESTS AND UPDATES (AND ARE NOT ALREADY RECEIVING THEM) PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
TO TAMMY OR BILL.
* PRAYER REQUEST AND UPDATES WILL OFTEN ARRIVE DAILY TO YOUR INBOX SOMETIMES WITH URGENT UPDATES. YOU MAY RECEIVE MORE THAN ONE
EMAIL PER DAY. QUESTIONS? CALL TAMMY OR BILL.