"Offering Christ while becoming whole-hearted Christ followers"
VUMC Who We Are
VUMC Interview Recap
VUMC's Fitness Ministry
A Word from The Pastor:
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
As summer break approaches, remember who you are and whose you are. Summer break does not mean a break from our faith journey. Take this time to influence your children for Christ.
Click here for the Current Newsletter
There are many ways you can support the ministries of VUMC. We continue to offer traditional Sunday morning giving (offering).
You can also make a contribution to VUMC with a quick text message! Simply send a text to 706-620-4587 with the amount you would like to contribute.
To give online, go to www.varnellumc.org and click on Online Giving.
Community Groups at VUMC
We need to be in community with each other. Jesus saw the need for this and the early church began in homes and communities. People need people. We cannot do life alone. We currently have several small groups within our church and community. From in-home groups to Bible study and prayer groups. God has placed on my heart a strong desire to see to it that every church attendee and visitor is involved in a community group. There is a listing in the bulletin of all of the community group opportunities we have at VUMC.
Why join a VUMC community group?
• Fellowship caring for one another emotionally, spiritually and physically
• Ministry taking on a mission project either in the church or in the community
• Worship praying and possibly even singing together
• Discipleship studying God's word and applying it to life together
Prayer Request Guidelines
PRAYER REQUESTS GUIDELINES
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 9 A.M. UNTIL 5 P.M. - DAYTIME
SEND PRAYER REQUESTS TO: Tammy Burek @ [email protected] or call the church office at (706) 694-8023.
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 5 P.M. UNTIL 9 A.M. - NIGHT TIME
SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND HOLIDAYS SEND PRAYER REQUESTS TO: Bill Davidson @ [email protected] or call or text at (423) 432-3635. FORMAT OF PRAYER REQUESTS:
*LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WISH TO SHARE.
*IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF REQUESTS ARE WORDED EXACTLY AS YOU WANT DISTRIBUTED.
* FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME OF THOSE WE ARE PRAYING FOR IS ALWAYS A PLUS. PRAYER CHAIN MEMBERS:
*IF YOU WISH TO BE ON THE LIST TO RECEIVE PRAYER REQUESTS AND UPDATE (AND ARE NOT ALREADY RECEIVING THEM) PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
TO TAMMY OR BILL.
*PRAYER REQUEST AND UPDATES WILL OFTEN ARRIVE DAILY TO YOUR INBOX SOMETIMES WITH URGENT UPDATES. YOU MAY RECEIVE MORE THAN ONE EMAIL PER DAY. *QUESTIONS? CALL TAMMY OR BILL.
* IF YOU WISH TO BE ON THE LIST TO RECEIVE PRAYER REQUESTS AND UPDATES (AND ARE NOT ALREADY RECEIVING THEM) PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
TO TAMMY OR BILL.
* PRAYER REQUEST AND UPDATES WILL OFTEN ARRIVE DAILY TO YOUR INBOX SOMETIMES WITH URGENT UPDATES. YOU MAY RECEIVE MORE THAN ONE
EMAIL PER DAY. QUESTIONS? CALL TAMMY OR BILL.